The Hoots are Playing an Exhibition Game under Banana Ball Rules!
June 24, 2023 @ 6:35 P.M.
When the O'Fallon Hoots take the field on June 24 against the St. Louis Clydesdales First Responder Baseball Team, they will be playing a new version of baseball. Banana Ball, made popular by the Savannah Bananas, is a new spin on baseball with nine rule changes. Here's the new rules:
- Every inning is worth a point. The team that scores the most runs in an inning wins a point.
- There is a two-hour time limit and no new inning can start after 1 hour and 50 minutes of game time. Every run in the final inning counts.
- No stepping out of the box at all. If a batter steps out, it is a strike.
- No bunting.
- Batters can steal first on a passed ball or wild pitch.
- Instead of a walk after ball four, the batter may advance as many passes as possible and can only be tagged out after every player on the defensive side has touched the ball.
- No mound visits.
- If a fan catches a foul ball, it is an out.
- If the game is tied after the time limit, the game goes to a three-round Showdown Tiebreaker. Batters either score or are out.
General Admission tickets are $9 and a portion of all tickets sold will benefit the St. Louis Clydesdales and BackStoppers of St. Charles County.
Tickets for the Hoots vs. Clydesdales First Responder Baseball Team Banana Ball Exhibition go on sale Wednesday, April 19 at 10:00am. To sign up for the pre-sale list, fill out the form below.