CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO- The O’Fallon Hoots (16-17, 1-5) traveled to Capaha Field to take on the first half Prarie Land Division Champions, Cape Catfish (26-9, 4-3) on Monday, June 10. The Home Catfish were too much for the Hoots, as Cape shutout the O’Fallon offense 7-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Chase Beattie delivered a 2-4 night offensively.
- Coby Rogers tossed two innings of relief, only allowing one unearned run.
- Barrett Lohman struck out four batters over four innings of work on the mound.
How it Happened
- The Catfish struck early as Lane Crowden tripled in a pair of runs to put Cape up 2-0 in the bottom of the first inning.
- In the bottom of the fourth inning, Cape extended their lead with four runs in the inning. Quinton Boarders doubled plating two runs. Boarders would come around to score on an error following a Chris Hall single. Tucker Stockman hit an RBI single to make it 6-0.
- The Catfish put their final run on the board in the bottom of the eighth inning on an infield error that allowed Hall to score.
The Hoots stay on the road for a matchup against the Alton RiverDragons at Lloyd Hopkins Field on Tuesday, July 11. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. CST. Coverage can be found at ofallonhoots.com, as well as the team’s Twitter (@ofallonbaseball) and Instagram (ofallonhoots).