Marion, IL– The O’Fallon Hoots (1-5) traveled to Mtn Dew Park to face the Thrillville Thrillbillies (5-3) on Wednesday, June 7. As the Hoots concluded their four-game road stent, Barrett Lohman turned in five quality innings on the mound, only allowing one run while striking out two batters. Lohman’s efforts kept O’Fallon in the game, but a low-scoring affair falls in favor of the Thrillbiles 4-1.
Inside the Box Score
- Lohman’s five innings pitched is his longest outing of the season.
- Mike Maloney led the offense with two hits, one being a double.
- Ethan Rossow delivered O’Fallon’s lone run driven in.
- Rossow and Braedon Stoakes each stole a base.
- In the bottom of the first inning, the Thrillbillies took an early lead on an RBI single by Cole Smith.
- The Hoots answered in the top of the second inning as Rossow walked with bases loaded to bring home Maloney from third base.
- After four scoreless innings, Thrillville broke the tie in the bottom of the seventh inning as Jackson McCoy singled to bring home what would be the game-winning run; giving the Thrillbilles a 2-1 lead.
- Thrillville tacked on insurance in the bottom of the eighth inning as Andrew Schroeder reached on a fielders choice that allowed Alex Zimmerman to score. As well as a throwing error that brought home Charlie Corum to push the Thrillbillies’ lead to 4-1.
Road Stretch Summary
As the Hoots wrapped up four consecutive games on the road Wednesday, they finished the stent with a 1-3 record on the trip. Their victory coming against the Springfield Lucky Horshoes on Monday, June 5.
The Hoots return to CarShield Field for a three-game homestand starting on Thursday, June 8, as they welcome the Clinton LumberKings to O’Fallon. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. CST.