O’Fallon, MO- The O’Fallon Hoots (1-6) kicked off a three-game homes stand as they faced the Clinton Lumber Kings (5-3) on Thursday, June 8 at CarShield Field. Pierce Hartman turned in five quality innings in his start, but the Hoots drop their third straight game 7-2 against the LumberKings.
Inside The Box Score
• Chase Beattie and John Stallcup each doubled.
• Braedon Stoakes and Jack Meyer stole two bases each.
• Caiden Otte stuck out two batters over an inning and two-thirds of work.
How It Happened
- After two scoreless innings to open the game, Clinton plated three runs with a pair of sacrifice flyouts to centerfield by Parker Shupe and Trevor Burkhart, as well as an RBI single by Gavin Brzozowski.
- O’Fallon answered in the bottom of the third inning as Meyer walked with bases loaded to score Ethan Ludwig from third base.
•The Hoots cut the lead to 3-2 in the bottom of the fifth inning as Stoakes scored from third base following a dropped third strike.
- The LumberKings opened the game up in the top of the seventh inning, scoring four runs. Brzozowksi grounded into a fielder’s choice that scored Will Stark from third base. An Error in the outfield brought home Burkhart to make it a 5-2 game.
- The final two runs crossed as Dylan DeButy reached on a fielder’s choice; a throwing error on the play scored Max Holy and Brzozowski.
The Hoots and LumberKings square off again on Friday, June 9 at CarShield Field. First Pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. CST.
The game is also the first sellout in O’Fallon Hoots franchise history at CarShield field.
Coverage can be found at ofallonhoots.com and on the live stream at https://prospectleague.com/stretch, as well as the team’s Twitter (@ofallonbaseball) and Instagram (ofallonhoots).