Beattie Hits Third Home Run This Season
CLINTON, IA- The O’Fallon Hoots (24-22, 9-10) wrapped up a two-game series with the Clinton LumberKings (26-18,10-7) on Sunday, July 22. A low-scoring affair wasn’t decided until a late innings run crossed the plate for Clinton as they narrowly defeated the Hoots 4-3 to complete a series sweep.
Inside the Box Score
- Chase Beattie hits his third home run of the season.
- Beattie and Tyler Ferguson turn in multi-hit performances.
- Sam Feltz tosses three and two-thirds of scoreless relief work, striking out four batters.
How it Happened
- Clinton got off to a quick start, scoring twice in the bottom of the first inning from an RBI single off the bat of Jeremy Conforti and a bases-loaded walk from Jeremy Figueroa.
- In the bottom of the fourth inning, the LumberKings made it a 3-0 game as Trevor Burkhart hit an RBI single
- The Hoots cut the lead to 3-2 in the top of the fifth inning, as Drew Mize got O’Fallon on the board with a sacrifice flyout to score Jake Vitale. Later in the inning, Beattie hit a solo home run.
- The Hoots tied the ballgame up at 3-3 in the top of the sixth inning, as Maloy Heaghney scored on a wild pitch
- Clinton would retake the lead as Tate Gillen singled in the go-ahead and eventual winning run in the top of the eighth inning.
The Hoots return home for a matchup against the Quincy Gems on Monday, July 23. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. CST. Coverage can be found at ofallonhoots.com, as well as the team’s Twitter (@ofallonbaseball) and Instagram (ofallonhoots).