Cape Girardeau, MO- The O’Fallon Hoots (5-7) faced the Cape Catfish (12-1) on Wednesday, June 14 at Capaha Field. The Hoots pitching staff led by four scoreless innings from starter Noah Arras lifted O’Fallon in a low-scoring affair past Cape for a 3-2 victory. The win comes as the Hoots’ third in a row as they hand the Catfish their first loss of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Arras struck out three batters while only allowing one hit.
- Relief Pitcher Sam Feltz picked up his first save of the year.
- Tucker Platt led the offense with two hits, both being doubles.
How it Happened
- After four innings of scoreless baseball, Jack Meyer grounded out into a fielder’s choice to score Braedon Stoakes in the top of the fifth inning to make it a 1-0 O’Fallon lead.
- The Hoots tacked on two more runs in the top of the sixth inning as Ethan Rossow and Maloy Heaghney each delivered an RBI single.
- The Catfish got on the board in the bottom of the eighth inning as Landon Godsey tripled to score a pair of runs to make it a 3-2 Hoots lead.
Cooling Off Cape
Entering Wednesday afternoon’s matchup the Catfish had won their first 12 games of the 2023 season, three of which came while playing O’Fallon. The Hoots pitching staff held the top-rated Cape offense to just two runs, the lowest amount they have scored in any game up to this point in the season.
O’Fallon still trails the season series 3-1 vs. the Catfish. These two teams will next play one another on Friday, July 7 at Capaha Field in Cape Girardeau.
The Hoots conclude their four-game road trip on Thursday, June 15 vs. the Quincy Gems at QU Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. CST.
Coverage of the game can be found at ofallonhoots.com, as well as on the team’s Twitter (@ofallonbaseball) and Instagram (ofallonhoots).