BURLINGTON, IA- The O’Fallon Hoots (11-9) offense explodes for 15 hits on the road to open up a two-game series against the Burlington Bees (7-13) with an 11-2 victory on Sunday, June 25 at Community Field.
Inside the Box Score
- Mike O’Conor hit his first home run of the season.
- Matt Haley turned in seven strong innings on the mound, only allowing two runs on five hits.
- Jack Meyer led the Hoots offense with three runs batted in.
- Caiden Otte finished the game with two scoreless innings tossed in relief.
How it Happened
- O’Fallon got to work early, scoring three runs in the first inning, highlighted by O’Conor’s two-run home run.
- In the top of the second inning, Braedon Stoakes hit an RBI single to score Maloy Heaghney. Later on in the inning, Meyer would single to score Stoakes as well. To cap off the scoring in the Hoots half of the second inning, Nick Harms grounded out into a fielders choice that allowed Tyson Ludwig to score, making it a 6-0 O’Fallon lead.
- In the bottom of the second inning, Burlington got on the board as Tanner Holland hit an RBI single that would score Cedric Dunnwald.
- In the top of the third inning, the Hoots would respond to the Bees, tacking onto the lead by scoring three runs. Stoakes singled in Ethan Rossow. A throwing error following a wild pitch allowed Heaghney to cross home. Finished off with Meyer hitting a single to score Stoakes.
- In the top of the fifth inning, the Hoots finished their scoring off, starting with Meyer reaching on an error that allowed Heaghney to score. Harms then singled to left field to drive in Ludwig, making it an 11-1 ballgame.
- Burlington avoided any run rule by scoring a run in the bottom of the fifth inning as Holland drove a solo home run to right field to make it an 11-2 game.
The Hoots improve to 1-1 on this eight-game road trip. They will finish their two-game series against the Burlington Bees on Monday, June 26, at Community Field. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CST.