Alton, IL- The O’Fallon Hoots (14-11) traveled to Lloyd Hopkins Field to take on the Alton RiverDragons (9-17). The Hoots took the game into extra innings before leaving Alton with a 6-4 victory in 10 innings.
Inside the Box Score
- Braedon Stoakes led the offense with two hits, while Nick Harms drove in two runs.
- Sam Feltz collected his first win of the season.
- Caiden Otte recorded the save, his first of the year.
- Ian Benner threw three and a thirds innings in relief without giving up a run.
How it Happened
- O’fallon scored in the top of the first inning as Ethan Rossow grounded out to third, driving in Stoakes on the play.
- Alton grabbed the lead in the bottom of the first inning, scoring three runs. Tyler Imbach singled to score Dylan Mass and RJ LaRocco to make it a 2-1 game. Their third run crossed as Jake O’Steen grounded into a double play that allowed Dominic Decker to score from third base.
- In the top of the third inning, Harms tied the ballgame up at 3-3 as he singled to bring home Zach Beatty and Stoakes.
- The RiverDragons responded in the bottom of the third inning as O’Steen singled to score Decker, putting Alton ahead 4-3.
- Down to their last chance in the top of the ninth inning, Jack Meyer singled and Tyson Ludwig came around to score on an error on the play. Ludwig’s run would force extra innings at 4-4.
- In the top of the 10th inning Tucker Platt singled to put the Hoots ahead 5-4 as he drove in Maloy Heaghney.
- In the same inning, O’Fallon added insurance on an RBI hit-by-pitch on Beatty, allowing Mike Maloney to score from third base.
The Hoots head up to Springfield, IL for a matchup with the Springfield Lucky Horseshoes on Friday, June 30 at Robin Roberts Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CST.