Hoots drop just second game since June 10
On the road following a pair of home wins, the O’Fallon Hoots (10-9) paid a visit to the Quincy Gems (10-12) on Friday night. For the first time this season, Quincy emerged victorious, using an eight run fourth inning to run-rule the Hoots in seven innings.
Inside the Box Score
- Chase Beattie recorded the lone hit for the Hoots.
- Braedon Stoakes and Tucker Platt both snagged a stolen base.
How It Happened
- With the bases loaded in the first, Gem Jack Zebig flew out to center to score Joe Siervo and give Quincy a 1-0 lead.
- In the third inning, Cam Suto scored himself and Kyle Hvidsten with a home run to increase the Gems’s lead to 3-0.
- The floodgates really opened in the bottom of the fourth. Zebig added to his RBI total on the day with an RBI single while the bags were filled, making it 4-0. Luke Jessen then walked to drive another run in and put the score at 5-0. Otto Jones added two more runs with a base knock, upping the score to 7-0. Following two strikeouts, Jimmy Koza capped off the big inning with a grand slam, setting the score at 11-0, where it would stand until the end of the game.
Following a break in Prospect League action for Banana Ball Saturday night, the Hoots are back at it Sunday afternoon, June 25, with a 2 p.m. matchup at the Burlington Bees. Coverage can be found at ofallonhoots.com, as well as the team’s Twitter (@ofallonbaseball) and Instagram (ofallonhoots).