O’FALLON, MO-The O’Fallon Hoots (8-7) faced the Burlington Bees (4-10) on Saturday, June 17 at CarShield Field. A gritty battle between the two teams got determined by John Stallcup’s three-run home run as the Hoots defeated the Bees 5-3 to extend their win streak to six games.
Inside the Box Score
- Stallcup hit his first home run of the season.
- Nick Harms and Stallcup are responsible for the RBIs on the night.
- Mike Maloney delivers a two-hit performance.
- Drew Politte strikes out four batters in two innings of relief.
- Tanner Mueller, Coby Rogers and Sam Feltz close out the final three innings in relief.
How it Happened
- Burlington struck first in the top of the second inning as Simon Turner drove a line drive double to left-centerfield to bring home the game’s opening run.
- The Bees tallied another run in the top of the fourth inning with an RBI double from Tanner Holland.
- In the bottom of the 4th inning, the Hoots got on the board as Jack Meyer scored on a passed ball to cut the lead in half.
- Stallcup put the Hoots ahead in the inning as he launched a three-run home run to right-centerfield to make it a 4-2 game.
- O’Fallon added another run in the bottom of the fifth inning as Nick Harms walked with bases-loaded to bring in Braedon Stoakes from third base.
- Burlington cut the deficit to 5-3 in the top of the seventh inning as Coy Sarsfield reached on an error that drove home Kooper Schulte.
- Feltz closed the door on any potential comeback in the ninth inning, recording his second save of the season.
The Hoots take on the Alton Riverdragons for a double-header Father’s Day matchup on Sunday, June 18 at CarShield Field. First pitch for game one is scheduled for 5:35 p.m. CST