O’FALLON, MO- The O’Fallon Hoots (2-7) wrapped up a three-game home stand against the Cape Catfish (9-0) on Saturday, June 10, at CarShield Field. Chase Beattie hit his team-leading second home run on the season, but the Catfish offense proved too strong as the Hoots fell 17-6.
Inside the Box Score
- Beattie and Maloy Heaghney each drove in multiple runs.
- Beattie, Heaghney and Ethan Rossow collect two hits each.
- Position player Nick Harms tosses two hitless innings and records two strikeouts.
How it Happened
- Cape scored in the top of the first inning as Brody Chrisman beat out an infield single that scored Chris Hall.
- The Hoots responded in identical fashion in the bottom of the first inning to even the score at 1-1; as Chase Beattie delivered an infield single that scored Braedon Stoakes.
- O’Fallon took the lead in the bottom of the second inning as Tyson Ludwig doubled off the right field wall to bring home Zach Beatty and Rossow.
- Chrisman launched a two-run home run to tie the game at 3-3 in the bottom of the second inning.
- The Catfish retook the lead in the top of the fourth inning as a bases-loaded walk by Chrisman scored Tucker Stockman from third base.
- The Catfish tacked on six runs in the top of the fifth inning
- Caden Bogenpohl doubled to score Jude Putz
- Chris Hall walked with bases loaded to score Bogenpohl.
- Chrisman delivered his second home run of the ballgame, a grand slam that scored Stockman, Quinton Borders and Hall; to make it a 10-3 ballgame.
- Beattie launched his second home run of the season in the bottom of the fifth inning. A solo shot to right-center brought the score to 10-4.
- Cape put up three more runs in the top of the seventh inning, two of which were both; Chrisman and Lane Crowden getting hit by a pitch with bases loaded. The Catfish brought home their last run of the inning on a Putz grounded into a fielder’s choice that scored Justin Carinci.
- The Hoots chipped away in the bottom of the seventh inning. Tyson Ludwig doubled to bring home Heaghney. Beattie recorded his third RBI on the night as he brought home Stoakes on a sacrifice fly to center field, cutting the Catfish lead to 13-6.
- In the top of the ninth inning, Chrisman drove his third home run of the game as he collected his 10th RBI on the night as well.
- The Catfish tallied two more runs in the ninth inning as Jeff Clarke drove in a pair of runs on a single to right field, concluding the Cape scoring total.
Home Stand Results
The Hoots concluded their three consecutive home games with the loss to Cape on Friday. Finishing with a 1-2 record during the stent. O’Fallon picked up a 10-9 win in 11 innings on Friday, June 9.
The Hoots kick off a four-game road trip starting in Jackson, TN. The Hoots face the Jackson Rockabillys on Sunday, June 11. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. CST.